[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - DDNS: "Unable to establish SSL connection"

DDNS: "Unable to establish SSL connection"

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x

DDNS: "Unable to establish SSL connection"

Postby Island » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:14 am

Island
Junior Advanced Member

Re: DDNS: "Unable to establish SSL connection"

Postby Lightning » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:02 am

The current version of wget does not support TLS 1.2 and I am not positive it even supports 1.1
According to the wget source you have to have at least version 1.16.1 before TLS 1.2 is supported. So I downloaded the source for 1.17 and tried to compile it. Unfortunately it requires gnutls to compile, so I downloaded gnutls and tried to configure it and it requires libnettle 3.1 to compile. So I downloaded nettle 3.1 and it configured fine, but failed to compile with a multitude of compile errors.

At least part of the problem is the version of gcc installed on my development machine, which it is required to keep version 2.7.3 on this machine to compile kernels. However I have a Zipslack machine that I should be able to update the gcc to at least a 3.x and try to compile these various aplications on. But it will take me a while before I have enough time to get this all sorted out.

Unfortunately I don't have a good solution to your problem at the moment. However I also used to use dyndns and changed to http://freedns.afraid.org/ when dyndns wanted to charge me for my domains. However if you own your own domain and want to keep it strictly a private domain it does require a premium account, although if you want to share your domain with others it is still free. Unless of course like me you make a deal with the owner of afraid.org offer free advertising on the FREESCO web sites in exchange for a premium account. :wink:
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Island » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:18 am

Island
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:18 pm

If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Island » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:42 am

Island
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:41 pm

Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Island » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:03 pm

Island
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:37 pm

The package name does not matter because the libraries are named correctly. It also won't matter if the other ssl package is installed or not, but if there is any issue you may need to reinstall the other 0.9.7e package again after removing this one.

However as I recall from years ago there was some sort of issue with the 0.9.7e specific library and on my own system I use the 0.9.6g version because of some sort of problem and I had removed the 0.9.7 package from my own system. Unfortunately the old package still remains on the main FREESCOsoft web site. The 0.9.7 version in the package however was just compiled, so it is a different library. If you still have issues even with the new library I would recommend installing the openssl-0.9.6g-lightning.pkg version and NOT install the old 0.9.7 version.

In reality even if you remove all of the openssl packages the libraries are still there. But depending on which one was last installed the links will not be pointed to the correct main library. The ones of importance are actually libssl.so.0, libssl.so and libcrypto.so, libcrypto.so.0 which are symlinks that point to the specific versions.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Island » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:10 am

Island
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Island » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:37 am

Island
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:31 pm

If you have the "mc 4.6" package installed you can just hit "enter" on the file and it will open. Then highlight the .tgz file inside that file and go to the pkg/lib-pack directory and you will see the new libraries and the links. Just put the other side of the mc window in your /pkg/lib directory using the tab key and copy each of those files to that directory. When finished type "pkg -rescan" on a command line and you will have the new libraries.

If that still does not work for your update script install the 0.9.6g package and it will overwrite any of the modifications and you can try it with that ssl version.

The .pkg extension is in reality just a .tgz file with some extra things added in, so it is possible to just change the extension and uncompress it as a normal compressed tar file.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Island » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:02 am

Island
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:28 pm

Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Island » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:03 am

Island
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:32 pm

There is no problems from me regarding time relative to the number of people who might use it or patience. So with that in mind I will do some more checking of various versions and see what can be done. For certain a newer version of openssl will not compile, but if I have some time this weekend or next week I will take a look at another version of wget and/or possibly just patching a specific section of code with a newer version.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Next

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.4.x