[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - iPad and Freesco

iPad and Freesco

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x

iPad and Freesco

Postby bec » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:24 am

Hi,
Has anyone tried using an iPad as the web browser to interact with the :82 management website? I find somethings don't behave as I'd expect eg adding an entry to the Ban/Allow list doesn't seem to work properly. The submit doesn't seem to ever complete it's post.

Also does anyone have any experience with an iPad SSH client interacting with Freesco. I have tried zaTelnet, but there is lots of effort to remap keys so they work and finding a characterset so that MC works as expected is confounding me.

Cheers
Brian
bec

Re: iPad and Freesco

Postby Lightning » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:54 am

Unfortunately I am unfamiliar with phones and FREESCO. However with regards to making mc work correctly, I am familiar with various types of clients.

First make sure and start mc with "mc -a".
This will cure bogus characters surrounding the boxes caused by the wrong character set in the client.

Use "ESC and then 0" = F10
Use "ESC and then number" = Fnumber
The above will imitate the function keys. Just be sure you understand that it is two separate key presses. The above will solve most client issues without using special settings in your client. Of course if you have the option to choose a character set in your client. You should use the ISO9660 character set to solve some of the problems. Function keys are a bit trickier and require the ability to choose Linux function keys in the client.

Also be aware that Howler did make a web client for FREESCO. But it is still beta and I don't think it has been publicly released as it still needed some work. But it is my understanding that it does function and I could post privately how to get it if you PM me. Of course Howler may reply as well which would be better.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby bec » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:13 am

Hi,
A belated thanks. I have something that works for now.
For those interested I have used zaTelnet
Apart from the obvious I have included the following settings and it seems to work:
Screen Size 80 x 20
Templates: I have added the following:
F4 - \e4
F3 - \e3
F2 - \e2
F1 - \e1
ArrowLeft - \e[D
ArrowUp - \e[A
ArrowRight - \e[C
ArrowDown - \e[B

These settings and using MC -a seems to give a workable solution.

Brian
bec

Postby strampke » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:19 am

On iPhone I am ignorant, but phone control on Android is easy.
You can VNC behind Freesco as well from your Phone.

To start install connectbot. ConnectBot (ssh-agent)
It explains itself.

To VNC install TightVNC on a computer behind Freesco and use ThighVNC's own Remote Ripple
Who knows knows, who doesn't doesn't.
strampke
Junior Advanced Member

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.4.x