[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - Troubleshooting port Forwarding

Troubleshooting port Forwarding

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x

Troubleshooting port Forwarding

Postby bec » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:59 am

Hi,
I've tried to enable port forwarding and don't seem to be having any success. I have forwarded port 7001 to a NAS drive. Would I expect to see attempts/connections in the log somewhere?

I've been looking in both "Network" and "Recent Logs". I can't see any traffic. I have tried both the forwarded addresses and others like 22.

I have been testing using my mobile phone to the FREESCO box so have been testing from 'the outside'.

I'm happy to post a report, but am interested in learning how to troubleshoot this my self.

Thanks
Brian
bec

Re: Troubleshooting port Forwarding

Postby Lightning » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:19 pm

Unfortunately there are no logs in FREESCO with port forwarding due to the fact the port is basically ignored and just forwarded no questions asked. The only way to even get a log of connections to that port would be to create an accept firewall rule with logging enabled. In most cases the reason port forwarding doesn't work is because of a miss configuration in the client, or from not enough ports or the wrong ports forwarded.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby bec » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:31 am

Thanks, I'm back to this again with renewed fervour as my son is keen to get an online game working. The game wants UDP 3960 & 3962 forwarded to my son's PC.
I've attached a report with the ISP allocated address & gateway masked out with 211.xxx.xxx.x The portforwarding entries were implemented using the webcontrol panel.

I'd be interested in any guidance about what to troubleshoot next.

Thanks
Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bec

Postby Lightning » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:11 am

Seldom have I seen where games actually gave the exact correct ports they really need. I would search the Internet and see if anyone else has solved which ports are required. I would also use all three ports 3960, 3961 and 3962 along with any others you might find listed for the game.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.4.x