[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - Preconfigured boot cd

Preconfigured boot cd

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x

Preconfigured boot cd

Postby funnsoup » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:41 pm

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a road map or if anyone has guidance on how to accomplishing creating a preconfigured boot cd?

So far I have a CD that boots but hangs when mounting the CD so it is not yet operational.

It could be that I changer out the kernel and need to make better/more configuration changes.

I can't find much on this via a search.

Thanks!
funnsoup

Re: Preconfigured boot cd

Postby Lightning » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:46 pm

If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby funnsoup » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:10 pm

Sounds good, I will work on that.

My original issue is that my system that ran 43 since release time finally croaked.

The only replacement I have at the moment doesn't boot usb, for some reason isn't booting a few freesco floppies I have tried and lastly isn't copying the cd to the hd as I try to complete a hd install....

Any thoughts? As I am currently running my router as a smoothwall and am unhappy, I hope there are some ideas here from the group.

I'll try it all again with the original kernel and another hd install

To Lewis and crew- I was reading an older post regarding the future of freesco regarding ip6. Whatever the decision I want to thank you all for the hard work that has gone into the product. Version 42 was releasedin 2009 and was installed and largely forgot about.
funnsoup

Postby Lightning » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:01 am

If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby funnsoup » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:35 pm

OK, so I now have a mostly working system installed from the stock 044 boot cd.

Turns out the hd in the system was bad, it's been replaced.

I am not able to remote into the system via ssh though and am at a loss as to why.

Error received:
Connection to router closed.

Right after I supply the password.

I think there might be some missing directories or files as the boot cd complains about them...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
funnsoup

Postby funnsoup » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:45 pm

Missing directories were:

/boot/tmz
/boot/cpc

/home/root/.ssh

SSH now works!

Not sure if they were missing because of me though. I remember the errors being present on the stock boot cd image.
funnsoup

Postby Lightning » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:32 pm

Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.4.x