[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - How can I turn off the firewall?

How can I turn off the firewall?

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x

How can I turn off the firewall?

Postby wildbill001 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:55 pm

Brand new to freesco. am attempting to use it in a VMware environment as a floppy-image. This is behind my home router so I don't need the firewall. But for the life of me I haven't been able to figure out how to completely turn the firewall and NAT off. Is it possible and if so, how do I do it?

TIA

Bill W
wildbill001

Re: How can I turn off the firewall?

Postby wildbill001 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:04 pm

A thought just occurred to me that what I need is all traffic to pass between the two networks EXCEPT for DHCP requests. So if it is not possible to turn off the firewall then if I can just shutdown dhcp requests from going to the eth1 interface, that would be fine.
wildbill001

Postby Lightning » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:07 pm

To start with DHCP is done through a broadcast signal, so it would never be passed across interfaces in FREESCO unless you install and run the dhcprelay program.

There are two ways to turn the firewall off. The first is to just configure the machine as a print server and the second is to go into the setup

setup -> system settings -> On/Off expert settings = Enabled -> On/Off NAT/Firewall = Disabled

Save the settings and use "rc_masq restart", a reboot is not required.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby wildbill001 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:25 pm

Woo Hoo! I'll give that a try in the morning. Thanks !
wildbill001

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.4.x