[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - Hyper-V support

Hyper-V support

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x

Hyper-V support

Postby turtil » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:34 pm

Is FreeSCO V4 supported in a MS Hyper-V box?
The install hangs.
Mounting a working floppy disk image hangs
I do not know linux very well.
The floppy image was created from a working V4.4 FreeSCO package.
TIA
Rich W.
turtil

Re: Hyper-V support

Postby Lightning » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:18 am

If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Peppe/Sweden » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:31 pm

If everthing fails, you can run Virtualbox which runs under Linux,Macintosh and Windows.

Regards, Peter
[COLOR=blue] You mean that I don?t fly airplanes , I don?t have a grilfriend and don?t have a dog ? Buuh , I grow up to be a real loser! (The Kid , walt disney) [COLOR=blue]
Peppe/Sweden
Junior Advanced Member

Postby turtil » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:13 pm

turtil

Postby Lightning » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:58 pm

Unfortunately newer versions of VMware also displayed the same symptoms, but changing some CPU options apparently fixed the problem for some users. I use VMworkstation 6 which works perfectly out of the box and I have also used Virtualbox which also works without issues. So I am uncertain as to what your success will be with Hyper-V unless it also has some CPU options. You could attempt to use an alternative kernel rather than the stock kernel. But you would need to add it to the floppy image. Which can be done from within a Linux based system like FREESCO with much trouble. Of course it has to be running first :wink:
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby turtil » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:39 pm

turtil

Postby Lightning » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:44 pm

Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby turtil » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:11 pm

Lightning,

Before I had a chance to try the kernel change I updated to Hyper-V 2012.
FreeSCO boots in it OK.
It did not have drivers for the 2 Intel embedded nic's so I disabled them and installed to 3C905 nics which work.
Haven't had a lot of time to timker with it.
The only thing I notice is Hyper-V reports 45% - 55% utilization continous even after I halt the system.
turtil

Postby Lightning » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:40 pm

Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.4.x