[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - Dialup Rotuer Problems

Dialup Rotuer Problems

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x

Dialup Rotuer Problems

Postby Siaran » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:32 pm

Hello, I have been using freesco for years now, as a dial up router and I love it. Never had an issue. My old box blew up so I updated to 0.4.4 and switched boxes. Everything configured fine, got the modem dialing, dhcp is working. Here is where the problem starts. I cant access the Internet though. I cant ping out from inside the network, I can ping the gateway, but nothing past it. Now from the router console itself, I can ping the outside, google, anywhere, I can even download freesco packages. I cant get outside no matter what i have tried, I've attached my report.txt any help would be appreciated, I'm at my wits end.

Also as a side note, I'm using a Trendnet 560x external fully linux/freesco compatable, been using them for years. But i have forgotten how to mute it from in freesco it has been so long. If anyone knows that, I would be even more grateful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Siaran

Re: Dialup Rotuer Problems

Postby Lightning » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:53 pm

For the speaker volume try ATZ&M1 as the initialization string in your ISP configuration. This will leave the speaker on until connected. To turn it completly off use M0
There are lots of other commands if you want to play with them. Just do a Google search for "Hayes command set"

As for why it is not routing traffic, I am unsure. But if you will let the router connect to the Internet and then try and access the internet from a client. Then from the command line create a new report with this command

report netinfo

As for something to try, in your ISP configuration when you are changing the initialization string. Also change the USEPEERDNS setting to "y" and save the changes. Then reboot the router and see what happens. If that fasils to make any difference then create the above report.txt and attach it in a reply.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Siaran » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:49 pm

One of the first things I though of was the peer dns actually. It doesn't seem to help either way, I did try it again though, no difference still. I dialed up checked everthing and tried to ping out, and access the web from a browser, then generated the report.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Siaran

Postby Lightning » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:46 am

It will take me a while to analyze the report and get you an answer. Not sure at this point if it is a setting or a system issue.
One thing to try IF you installed the system from a CD is to download and put a stock kernel 042 on the hard drive and see what happens. Or even a stock 044 kernel because the CD kernel is far from stock and I do not know if it has even been tested with dialup.
From the report I see why there is no external connectivity, which is because there are no forwarding rules in the masquerade table, but why is the question.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Lightning » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:10 pm

Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Siaran » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:27 pm

Thanks Lightning ill give it a shot here, I was using the cd image as all my other boxes were 64 bit and i was having issues making a floppy. After some "Inventive" workarounds I managed to get a 0.4.4 disk and it still didnt work for me, as i see now it couldnt have. So out of complete desperation i got a copy of 0.4.2 and bam, everything was completely flawless. But i will upgrade to the newer one soon, as 0.4.2 has the same old issue i had with it last time, of after so much uptime, the webadmin page would stop repsonding till a restart.

But i thank you very much lightning for actually caring and helping advanced dialup user instead of meeting one with unabashed hate, the normal reply you get these days when you address a problem with it.

Thank you,

Siaran
Siaran

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.4.x