[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - Hosts 1.10 and Freesco 4.4

Hosts 1.10 and Freesco 4.4

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x

Hosts 1.10 and Freesco 4.4

Postby jodo1931 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Everything went fine until I attempted to MOVE2HD and add Hosts 1.10.
Installing Host went well but when I looked at the Log it seems to have a problem.
I get the following error messages:
Mar 19 15:58:18 - dnsmasq[3079]: failed to load /etc/hosts: Permission denied
Mar 19 15:58:23 - dnsmasq[3685]: failed to load /etc/hosts: Permission denied
I removed and re-installed with the same results. Any help appreciated.
jodo1931

Re: Hosts 1.10 and Freesco 4.4

Postby Lightning » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:35 pm

As all of these servers run under the root user, I am doubtful that the problem is really a permissions issue. However to be sure try this command

chmod 644 /pkg/etc/hosts

Then also use these commands

pkg -rescan
rc_hosts update
rc_hosts restart
rc_dns restart

If none of this helps then we will need to start with a report.txt and go from there
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby jodo1931 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:30 am

Tried all the commands but still get the same errors. It is probably something stupid
that I did/did not do. It has always been so EASY to install and I have not tried very
hard to learn how to troubleshoot it. Should have started that on .0.27 :)
I cannot do without HOSTS; it keeps the stuff out that others cannot.
Report Attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jodo1931

Postby Lightning » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:09 pm

If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby jodo1931 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:41 am

Thanks for the prompt reply. I changed the BIGMEM to Y and rebooted to get a clean
start. I then did the commands from the terminal but do not notice much difference in
the Report. Perhaps you will see something I would not notice. I do appreciate your
interest and any suggestion will be considered.
Report attached:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jodo1931

Postby Lightning » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:28 pm

Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby jodo1931 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:47 am

I should have been more specific and admit that I am practically LINUX illiterate! I have yet
to get my 80+ year old brain to get into "new" computer languages. My FIRST computer
language was for the UNIVAC I (tube type) computer, then various IBM languages. The Navy
taught me Electronics and Communications and my first love is still "hardware". Excuse the
history....I did see what you intended and am attaching the "report".
HOWEVER...the strangest thing happened on the way to getting here.....
I reverted back to an 042 version with Hosts to avoid the hassle of popups. Worked !
Today, I switched back to the "failing" 044 version....You will NOT believe this..IT WORKS!!
The report is from the 044 while it was failing...don't know if there is a clue in it or not.
Very strange............Thanks for allowing me to add some mystery to the mix!
<JoDo>
jodo1931

Postby Lightning » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:17 pm

Well I guess the mystery will continue forever, because I see absolutely no reason for it not to have been working and no reason to have been getting the error.

As for the history, it is always interesting to know a bit about the people who are running my software. But be aware that I have tried to design FREESCO specifically for people who are not necessarily Linux literate and still keep options for advanced users.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby jodo1931 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:27 pm

Thanks again for your support and all the good work you do on the Freesco project.
I have tried several other similar programs but always found Freesco was easier to
get going and has more options than the others. I began with version 0.2.7 and
and was "hooked". The Hosts pkg is a lifesaver from all the trashy pop-ps junk that
is so prevalent these days. Keep up the good work!
<JoDo>
jodo1931

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.4.x