[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - Freesco able to see Internet, but private network can't

Freesco able to see Internet, but private network can't

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x

Freesco able to see Internet, but private network can't

Postby terpmeister » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:04 pm

Have an odd problem (or maybe it is by design?).

I have setup a Freesco router on my VMware ESXi 5.0 network on a vSwitch for an internal network (192.168.1.x) and a private network (10.10.0.x).

I have been able to setup my home network (192.168.1.0/24) to see the new private network (10.10.0.0/24) and vice versa (I am able to ping, RDP, etc both ways). Routing has been setup on the home router to the 10.10.0.x private network and I setup a static route on the clients to see the 192.168.1.x network.

The Freesco router itself can also see the Internet. Any clients in the private network can not see anything on the internet. When I initiate a ping it will resolve the name to the correct IP, but not get through (show failed attempts). I have tried multiple Windows and Linux clients in the private network to eliminate a client OS issue. When I look on the home router logs, it show it received the request from the private machine, and shows it successfully sends it back to the private machine.

I believe I bumped up logging in Freesco correctly, and am not seeing any errors in there. The Freesco firewall is disabled and Freesco is setup in Ethernet mode.

Freesco Setup:

NIC 0: 192.168.1.0/24 - Gateway:192.168.1.1 (home router) - its address is 192.168.1.5 dns: 192.168.1.1
NIC 1: 10.10.0.0/24 - its address is 10.10.0.1

DHCP is only enable on the home router and only hands them out for my home network. I manually set the IP address in the private network.

example client config:

IP: 10.10.0.10
subnet: 255.255.255.0
gateway: 10.10.0.1
dns: 10.10.0.1

Things I have tried:
- Thought maybe it was a DNS issue, change to the DNS on the home route, Freesco router, and google open dns servers, no change. I am able to resolve the address, not get out (except from the router itself).
- Tried multiple private network addresses (192.168.2.x, 10.10.1.x, etc). No changes.
- Tried different versions of Freesco, same results, no changes.
- Before I was using ESXi 5.0, I was using 4.1, was seeing the same problems.
- Replaced home router (it burned out last week, and Frontier sent out a new router, same model - Actiontec MI424WR).

I want to say it was something with the home router, but it is logging that it is receiving requests and is sending them back. This only really leads me back to the Freesco configuration.

Anybody have and ideas/suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks.
terpmeister

Re: Freesco able to see Internet, but private network can't

Postby Lightning » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:35 pm

If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby terpmeister » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:48 pm

Thanks Lightning, that was it!

Now I just need to go in now and massage my firewall rules to allow certain 192.168.1.x boxes into the 10.10.0.x network. I will need to be able to RDP/HTTP/FTP into a few boxes for testing.
terpmeister

Postby Lightning » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:55 pm

If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby mondo » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:52 am

mondo

Postby Lightning » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:56 pm

Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby mondo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:59 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mondo

Postby Lightning » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:52 pm

Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby mondo » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:45 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mondo

Postby Lightning » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:55 pm

Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby mondo » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:29 pm

mondo

Postby Lightning » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:43 pm

Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby mondo » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:23 am

mondo

Postby Lightning » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:56 am

Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby mondo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:57 pm

mondo

Next

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.4.x