[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - Webpwd 0.3, ... For Freesco 0.3.x

Webpwd 0.3, ... For Freesco 0.3.x

Support section for FREESCO v0.3.x 3rd Party Packages

Postby Zedde » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:27 pm

"From now until the end of the world,
we and it shall be remembered.
We few, we Band of Brothers.
For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother."
Zedde
Junior Advanced Member

Postby dRB » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:19 pm

Please bear with me ... I seemed to have lost my marbles.
dRB
Junior Advanced Member

Postby dRB » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:14 pm

dRB
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Thasaidon » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:10 am

Experience shared, is experience gained.

Thasaidon
Advanced Member

Postby dRB » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:24 am

dRB
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Zedde » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:30 am

"From now until the end of the world,
we and it shall be remembered.
We few, we Band of Brothers.
For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother."
Zedde
Junior Advanced Member

Postby dingetje » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:14 am

@drB:

The post install code of the script forgets to call rc_masq restart, so after a fresh install the firewall rule in rc_webpwd is not initiated and thus port 83 is wide open to the internet. Not a big security risk, but still... you may want to change that.

You also may want to consider to add the new config files to the rc_webpwd setup command, rather than having people to look for them on disk.

All in all, congrats on your first? package!
GreetZ
http://dingetje.hopto.org

"Software is like sex: it's better when it's free." - LINUS TORVALDS
dingetje
FREESCO GURU !!

Postby dingetje » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:23 am

GreetZ

dingetje
FREESCO GURU !!

Postby dRB » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:01 pm

dRB
Junior Advanced Member

Postby dRB » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:35 am

dRB
Junior Advanced Member

Postby dingetje » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:59 am

GreetZ

dingetje
FREESCO GURU !!

Postby dRB » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:05 am

dRB
Junior Advanced Member

Postby dRB » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:00 pm

:) the non-ascii password restrictions have been removed, along with other changes. I posted an update in the release section.

I ended up NOT using the [passwd] binary ... just wasn't able to get the results I wanted. The rewrite of Webpwd has resulted in a mix of perl, sh, and regex code. The code has been cleaned for readability.

The following bears no reflection on the current state of Webpwd 0.3.4 ...
Perhaps someone can enlighten me on why for several runs using the passwd binary (as called from within the cgi script) password changes were being processed. And then after several runs, changes were NOT being processed, even though return values indicated successful completion.

(I used Lightning's passwd change code as defined in the control panel adm.cgi file)

/dRB
dRB
Junior Advanced Member

Return to 3rd Party Package Support for FREESCO v0.3.x