[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - Opinions Please

Opinions Please

Submit / Make your "FORUM SPECIFIC" posts here.
*** NOT A FREESCO SUPPORT SECTION ***

Postby Howler » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:29 pm

Hello all,

Well since we seem to be getting a lot of spammers 9 out of 10 registrations now :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I am considering closing the forum to "user registration", meaning no more signing up for an account. What I am thinking to do, to remove almost ANY POSSIBILITY of a SPAMMER getting allowed on the forum, is to have them email me directly, no registration page, just a direct email. This email will be responded to. The responce will ask specific questions that would pertain to FREESCO (and hopefully something that is not shown on the forums here) so that if the question( s ) are answered correctly I will create the account for them.

This is the only way I can think of to reduce my time in checking all of these (hundreds of) registrations that end up as SPAMMERS.

If anyone has any ideas that I may be able to use to take care of this I would be more than willing to listen.

If I can not find a better way, then the email idea will be put into action. I am getting sick and tired of the fukheads that have no respect for others and have no life besides being a god danm son of a bitsh. If you can not tell I am very very upset about this and am not going to take it much longer.

Howler
The first, the original and still the main FREESCOsoft site
The best place for FREESCO packages and related files.
Created and maintained by me (Howler), and mirrored by many (well, ok mirrored by some).
Howler
Advanced Member

Postby Marc » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:36 pm

Hi,

Are the registrations done by bots? Isnt there a way to stop bots? I mean, isn't there a way to build in a random freesco question into the registration process?

Or are they real people? (I can only imagine very ill people do this :)

Marc
Marc
pc1mh.nl.eu.org
Marc

Postby strampke » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:52 pm

Hi Howler and other moderators,

Thank you for keeping this forum clean. I appreciate it very much.

Strampke
Who knows knows, who doesn't doesn't.
strampke
Junior Advanced Member

Postby dingetje » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:36 pm

GreetZ
http://dingetje.hopto.org

"Software is like sex: it's better when it's free." - LINUS TORVALDS
dingetje
FREESCO GURU !!

Postby Peppe/Sweden » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:04 pm

[COLOR=blue] You mean that I don?t fly airplanes , I don?t have a grilfriend and don?t have a dog ? Buuh , I grow up to be a real loser! (The Kid , walt disney) [COLOR=blue]
Peppe/Sweden
Junior Advanced Member

Postby strampke » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:04 pm

Who knows knows, who doesn't doesn't.
strampke
Junior Advanced Member

Postby dRB » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:38 pm

Please bear with me ... I seemed to have lost my marbles.
dRB
Junior Advanced Member

Postby jason.b.c » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:57 pm

Hey uh - Howler..

You could try creating a new form section here called "Aardvark1"...

That is how the Admin in the puppy linux forums solved their little spam bot / spammer problems....
jason.b.c

Postby Thasaidon » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:16 am

I think Dingetjes method should do ok against bots,
but what about those "F*ckheads" as Howler calls them (and I agree)...
It's not gonna stop a real person from creating an account and then adding spam.

Would it be an idea to combine both of the methods?
First people need to sign up using Dingetjes method,
then an e-mail will be send to an administrator (Howler) for a final check?

I know this will mean a lot of work for the admins, but it will defenately reduce the spam accounts beeing created.

just my 2 eurocents.

to Jason.
You mean this topic?
<a href='http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=10831' target='_blank'>http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=10831</a>
Experience shared, is experience gained.

Thasaidon
Advanced Member

Postby jason.b.c » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:09 am

jason.b.c

Postby Howler » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:20 pm

Created and maintained by me (Howler), and mirrored by many (well, ok mirrored by some).
Howler
Advanced Member

Postby Howler » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:12 pm

Howler
Advanced Member

Postby leker » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:16 am

leker

Postby Howler » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:44 am

Howler
Advanced Member

Postby dRB » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:36 pm

Please bear with me ... I seemed to have lost my marbles.
dRB
Junior Advanced Member

Next

Return to FORUM SPECIFIC Questions or Comments