[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - New Official FREESCO Forum soon

New Official FREESCO Forum soon

New versions, modules, add-ons, etc., will be posted here.

Postby Administrator » Thu Nov 15, 2001 11:06 am

Administrator

Postby guardian » Thu Nov 15, 2001 3:25 pm

I just wish to vent some of my frustration with "official" whatever Freesco. I imagine that Serge is going through some unpleaseant times and he has had to more or less take care of more pressing matters.<p>Unfortunately this has mean that a wonderfull creation of his, Freesco, has somewhat stagnated. There are many requests for expansion of of Freesco that are never looked into because of the above mentioned situation.<p>This is a shame. I have mentioned many times that Freesco is so incredible because it is so simple. Making something so simple is no easy task. There are I have no clue as to the number of firewalls out there but many people keep coming (and coming back) to Freesco for its simplicity. <p>Those other firewalls are either limited in their scope or are complicated and bloated. With Freesco we get so much functionality in a small footprint.<p>Still there are new packages and, particularly, concepts that we would like to see moved to Freesco but that do not materialize.<p>One of the limitations stem from the desire to keep it a regular 1.4 diskette distro. Minimalism is fun but once you achieve it the pleasure is gone. I feel that Freesco can claim the prize of being the best diskette firewall/router. Great. No one can take that away from Freesco. Now let's move on to other plateaus.<p>Freesco 0.2.7 will always be there for anyone with a 8MB 386 single diskette computer. It is getting harder and harder to find 386s. Even the flow of abandoned 486s is subsiding. So, why not move with the times? <p>Why not think of a HDD based Freesco. Equally simple but not limited by a diskette. This opens a world of possibilities. A newer kernel is possibly the most significant one. But there are others. We can do away with ramdisk and its limitations. We can use ipchains or iptables.<p>Well, I just wanted to get it off my chest. Thaks for listening...
guardian

Postby Ferno » Fri Nov 16, 2001 5:41 am

Ferno

Postby Administrator » Fri Nov 16, 2001 9:02 am

Hello,<p>I also agree, wrong section for that post.
I also agree that nobody is holding anyone back from creating their own distro, based on FREESCO,
GO FOR IT !!<p>About the Official, there are Official sites all over the place and unofficial sites also, ?I am at this point considered to be unofficial, expet ?being officially, FREESCOsoft :)<p>Ferno,  Well I was not sure "where" version 3.0 was at and did not want to get a new,new,new release, figured this would be stable and do what is needed, I do not need the newest, just a reliable, good one.<p>Later,
Administrator

Postby icon » Sat Nov 17, 2001 11:43 am

I understand the official Freesco forum is out of disk quota.<p>Hey I amback being a newbie.... hahaha.<p>icon<p>(Edited by icon at 9:44 am on Nov. 17, 2001)
icon

Postby Jive » Thu Nov 22, 2001 10:29 am

Jive

Postby jj » Fri Dec 07, 2001 8:35 pm

Howler,
Nice work on the forum, it was really needed. <p>I like the new look and feel too.<p>JJ
jj

Postby cjr » Sun Dec 30, 2001 8:01 pm

cjr

Postby Firewall Searcher » Wed Feb 13, 2002 9:11 pm

I have quick  statement and a quick question.

Ferno "new Router Firewall called The Guardian" cool sounding name.  Has the same ring to it as "Gate Keeper" from the movie The NET.

Anyway my question is:  Will the posts and discuscions from this forum be copied to or available from the new forum?  (I like this interface too.  Looks better than the freesco.net)
Thanks for putting up with a newbie question.
It becomes obvious that you are tired when you try to use DOS commands on a router.    -My search is over
Firewall Searcher

Postby cjr » Fri Feb 15, 2002 6:15 am

cjr

Postby ghost » Sat Mar 23, 2002 9:33 am

ghost

Return to FREESCO Announcements