Single network card

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x

Single network card

Postby Build-0-Matic » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:20 am

Is there a way for freesco to use a single network card to access both the internet and my local network?
The computer is configured as a server so there is no pass-through traffic.

If I could just get it to do so, it would be wonderful for both package installation, patches and setting the time on the machine.
Build-0-Matic

Re: Single network card

Postby Lightning » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Is there a way for freesco to use a single network card to access both the internet and my local network?
So assuming that FREESCO is connected to the local network and that other machines on this network have access to the Internet, then FREESCO should have access to the Internet using just one interface. This means that there is another machine that is configured as your Internet router. The ONLY requirement for this to work is that the default gateway MUST be pointed at the actual Internet routers internal IP address. If you are using DHCP for FREESCO and all of the clients then this is configured automatically.

For more specific information on the exact configuration, we will need to know the subnet and layout for your local network and have a report.txt from FREESCO.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.4.x