Regards from Montreal

If it does not fit any where else, then post it here.
SPAM is not allowed, here or any other forums

Regards from Montreal

Postby tecknojunky » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:49 pm

Hey FREESCO freaks,

Thought I'd take this little moment to say hi to all. It's been like 3 or 4 years I haven't been around and here are some of the news highlights of what's happening with me.

First, I got my bachelor degree in 2005 in computer science.
Second, well, I work for a financial company as an IT administrator (mainly Windows and bits of Linux and Solaris).
Third, I had my first child last febuary, a little boy of now 8 months named Nathaniel who looks just like his mother.
Fourth, I stopped using FREESCO about 4 years ago and replaced it with a custom Gentoo box. Sorry. :(

Well, that's about it. I think a lot of FREESCO and hold it dearly in my heart because it is what gave me a true introduction to Linux and the community is just the best.

So to all the people here from the good'ol days and who remember me, I salute you and raise up high my glass and yell CHEEEERS!

Stéphane
<b>TJ</b><br><br><i><b>freescosoft.ca</b> is <a href='http://www.freesco.org/support-forum/index.php?showtopic=16598' target='_blank'>up for grab</a>.</i>
tecknojunky
Advanced Member

Re: Regards from Montreal

Postby CDFiXER » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:19 pm

Who was that masked green person?

lol, Thanks for the stop by and visit!

Several 'ol' timers still hang around. Not quite smelling like Old Spice in here but maybe getting close ;)
Catapultam habeo.
Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam.
CDFiXER
Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:25 pm

For some who might not have been around for a long time, everyone should be made aware that tecknojunky is the person who suggested building high speed PPP connections into FREESCO because before then it was only a VERY rough partial howto and that you helped a LOT in developing the rc_net code for the 03x system. It is very good to know that you are doing well and breaking away from FREESCO is no crime in any of our books as long as we still here from you from time to time ;)
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby dingetje » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:58 pm

First, congrats on your degree :D
Second, mainly windows eh? :evil: Oh well :wink:
Third, congrats with the new citizen. I'm soo glad he looks like his mother :wink:
Fourth, some people move on, some stick to what they've got. Not a problem!

Thanks for stopping by! :mrgreen:
GreetZ
http://dingetje.homeip.net

"Software is like sex: it's better when it's free." - LINUS TORVALDS
dingetje
FREESCO GURU !!

Return to Other Discussions