Disable Nat But Enable Firewall

Remember this is a 1.44Mb floppy disk router, space is limited.

Postby andric » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:23 am

Hi,

It could be good to add third possibility in router configuration for NAT and Firewall. Now we have 2 choices enable both or disable both. I have managed this manually editing rc_masq file and rc_user file. In each new FREESCO version rc_masq file becomes more complex and with more variables. As I am not programmer, upgrade to any new version takes lot of time to manage Firewall ON and NAT OFF.

Thank you in advance.
andric

Postby Lightning » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:21 pm

Can you give me the purpose of doing this and why ?
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GURU !!

Postby andric » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:56 am

I have real IP addresses for internal network and I do not need NAT them to one IP.
I wrote this question to you couple years ago. At that time rc_masq was much more simpler:)
The way I managed it now, I added ipfwadm default rules to nat and firewall disable session in rc_masq and customised rc_user.
In setup I disabled nat and firewall. Web management shows that nat and firewall is disabled, but in reality nat is disabled but firewall is enabled.
andric

Postby Lightning » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:05 pm

Hmmm, ok I will look into it and see what it would take.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GURU !!

Return to FREESCO wish list