Fsd Server

3rd Party Package Requesting

Postby the_whaler » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:31 am

Hi,
I am using a little bit of software called FSD which is a server to host online flightsimulato sessions. It coms out of the box with an windows and unix envirenment. Copying the unix version into a dir on freesco and starting it up using the command ./fsd& (saw that in the readme) it gives back "kernel to old".

Does this automatically mean that there no way to get this working under freesco or perhaps a gooroo here is able to make a workable package?

The software can be downed from

Sources and binaries are downloadeable here :
<a href='ftp://www.mcdu.com/mcdu/fsd1110.tar.gz' target='_blank'>ftp://www.mcdu.com/mcdu/fsd1110.tar.gz</a> (unix tar.gz)
<a href='ftp://www.mcdu.com/mcdu/fsd1110.zip' target='_blank'>ftp://www.mcdu.com/mcdu/fsd1110.zip</a> (windows zip)

I would be very greatfull.
I currently run the windows version on a seperate pc, but getting it working on freesco might mean one machine less powered on during the day.

Thanks
Lex
Lex
Lex Loen
the_whaler

Postby Lightning » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:28 am

starting it up using the command ./fsd& (saw that in the readme) it gives back "kernel to old".

Yes, it most likely does mean that it will not run in FREESCO. At least the 03x or 04x series for certain.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby the_whaler » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:50 pm

As always quick promt and to the point answering Lightning.
No problem. I will keep things as they are.
Maybe I will need to install a full linux on the machine currently running freesco although I do love freesco for its simplicity usable for linux newbees.
Lex
Lex Loen
the_whaler

Return to 3rd Party Package Requesting