Unable To Post Or Reply To Threads ...

Submit / Make your "FORUM SPECIFIC" posts here.
*** NOT A FREESCO SUPPORT SECTION ***

Postby bob selby » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:35 am

Sometimes I am unable to create new posts or post replies ... I get :-

"Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /support-forum/index.php could not be found on this server.

Apache/1.3.39 Server at www.freesco.org Port 80"

IE the "Multiple Startup Announcements .." thread in "The Official FREESCO Support Forum -> Official FREESCO Support Forums -> FREESCO Support for v0.3.x"

Bob
bob selby
Advanced Member

Postby Slowpoke » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:48 am

Did you try to use (without the underscores) either "/b_i_n/" or "/p_e_r_l " (note the trailing space) in your post/reply? ;)

These are two words (off the top of my head) that the forum will not allow in any post/reply, and if you do, will give you that error. I don't know if there are any others, but I'm sure there are a couple more that may be considered potentially harmful/dangerous (not that any of the regular board members would try anything like trying to crash the forum on PURPOSE.....).

If anyone is trying to create a post/reply, and you get the above error posted by Bob, hit the "Back" button in your browser and review your text, looking for those words, as well as any other words that may be a part of a /path/executable, and try putting a character into the offending word to see if you can then preview it. If you can - great, you found it. If not, try it again until you can. (You could even put it in ALL of them, and then try removing them one at a time until you get the error to see which one the forum doesn't like...)
Slowpoke
Advanced Member

Postby bob selby » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:02 pm

Ah OK that could be it :-)
Thanks
bob selby
Advanced Member

Postby nickie » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:03 pm

I believe this forum (Invision Power Board) has a little problem. I can't even post or reply even thoug no special characters on it especially in freesco support and 3th party package forum.
nickie

Postby Lightning » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:39 pm

Usually this problem is caused because you are using a banned word. Which there are quite a few things that are not allowed P E R L and B I N in lower case are some of the things that is not allowed in any form and some other common binaries as well including shell headers and commands.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby nickie » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:01 am

nickie wrote:I believe this forum (Invision Power Board) has a little problem. I can't even post or reply even thoug no special characters on it especially in freesco support and 3th party package forum.

I apologize of being unpleasent to this forum becouse of I cant post or reply here. I felt I was on my own with all these Freesco stuff that I cant help to make it work without you all.

My Freesco box had been formated dozen times and yesterday was my Windows's turn to be formated and I expect of doing this is I hope I can solve this posting/replying problem assuming virus, spyware, hidden thing is to blame. But I was wrong. I still cannot post.

What is this...! Am I banned ???

I have been using ADSL connection for less then 2 month provided by ISP "A". A week ago I made a call to ISP "B" asking for their connection. It is a cable connect with cablemodem. And today is the day, they install the connection and internet is up. Now I got 2 connection to Internet, ADSL and Cable.

My problem is gone whenever I use cablemodem to internet.
But my problem remains whenever I use ADSL to internet (this conn. gotta go)
It is just weird...

I am glad my problem solved but I am unhappy that my cable provider block port 80. This gonna be my another homework to search... and search...
nickie

Return to FORUM SPECIFIC Questions or Comments