Ext2 Floppy-to-hdd Package Man Pages?

Support section for FREESCO v0.3.x 3rd Party Packages

Postby CDFiXER » Mon May 28, 2007 11:20 am

Either everytime I download Lewis's ext2 package I somehow lose the man pages, or they are not there.

I know it is for floppy based setups, but since it resides in RAM until the HDD is ready, would it be possible to add some at least rudimentery man pages?

If size is a constraint, I would be glad to offer some editing to shrink the pages.

I was thinking of a list of the ext2 stuff Lewis coded and a list of the ext2 commands part of the ext2 filesystem available with the installation of this package.
Catapultam habeo.
Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam.
CDFiXER
Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Mon May 28, 2007 12:14 pm

Yes, the man pages are not included as part of the package and as you are thinking it is to make the package as small as possible to fit into the ramdisk. But I will take a look and see just how much room they take up if they are reduced to just the basics and if possible include them in the next ext2 package. As for now the binaries are basic Linux commands and the man pages are easily availible online.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GURU !!

Postby CDFiXER » Wed May 30, 2007 1:14 am

Could they fit in RAM until the HDD is ready then be moved with the Freesco transfer?

As always, Thank you Lightning!

I keep forgetting the ext2 commands in the package.... :rolleyes:
Catapultam habeo.
Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam.
CDFiXER
Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Wed May 30, 2007 1:48 am

This is already reality for 038 and the ext2 package is much more integrated into the system so that as soon as the package is installed on the floppy the man pages are available in the package doicumentation and the man pages are on the hard drive install as well. The end size increase was not excesive and I was able to eliminate the ext2 libraries from the package to compensate, so it is possible.
There are also a LOT of other enhancements with the 038 system and the 038 ext2 package including scaning the drive if it is unmounted improperly automatically at boot time and even a "rc_ext2 disk-scan" option to scan the drive whiler the system is running at any time. So there are some things to look forward to in 038 along with the other enhancements.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GURU !!

Return to 3rd Party Package Support for FREESCO v0.3.x