FREESCO or FreeSCO

New versions, modules, add-ons, etc., will be posted here.

Postby Howler » Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:31 pm

Hello all,

I have seen this come up again in a few different places. I have made comments to some, hopefully nice enough.

I would like to clarify the "typing" "visual spelling" of FREESCO.
As you can all tell, I type it all in CAPS, force of habit I guess. But to the point here ....

Freesco as far as I knew was to be typed like the following
FREESCO, Freesco, freesco

And as far as I knew it was not supposed to be typed like these (or direct variations)
freeSCO, FreeSCO, FREE SCO, Free SCO, FreeSco, freeSco, or any other way that makes the ""SCO"" stand out from the rest of the name.

I was under the impression that FREESCO is one word, not 2 words including the "SCO" as a seperate word (as the verbal description shows , which can be found if searched for).

Howler
Howler

Postby Howler » Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:06 pm

Noticing it more and more and more, so ....

BUMP

Howler

ADDED : I guess I will make myself a little clearer. I am not asking how the visual spelling is (UPPERCASE/lowercase), I am making the notice to all that have and may still be, misspelling it on the forums or other sites.

We do not want to make some one think FREESCO is, say for instance "Free SCO" and some one forgot the space :confused: If you do a google search for "free sco" you will find a link to this softwares install information "Free SCO OpenServer 3.2v5.0.2" Now this IS NOT "FREESCO/freesco/Freesco" that is "Free SCO" (or if someone forgot the space "FreeSCO"), now there is a lot of confusion that can come out of mispellings (just capitolizing the SCO part), like maybe people thinking they are using something that they are not. There is a very good reason to be spelling this correctly, as you "ALL" are making it public to the world. A mispelling on our Support forum could make the wrong impression and we could have people thinking they are using the wrong thing. Please take note in this, and spell it correctly. Thank you.

Howler
The first, the original and still the main FREESCOsoft site http://www.freescosoft.com/
The best place for FREESCO packages and related files.
Created and maintained by me (Howler), and mirrored by many (well, ok mirrored by some).
Howler
Advanced Member

Postby Howler » Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:39 am

Bring it to the top again, since it is happening a lot more again.

Howler
The first, the original and still the main FREESCOsoft site http://www.freescosoft.com/
Created and maintained by me (Howler), and mirrored by many (well, ok mirrored by some).
Howler
Advanced Member

Postby Howler » Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:39 pm

Hello all, it seems like more and more people are using some other OS besides FREESCO, I keep seeing FreeSCO freeSCO FreeSco freeSco etc. etc. etc. THAT is not FREESCO, that is some other OS that is controlled by another company. ANYTHING that has "SCO" seperated/capatolized/emphasised, makes it the wrong OS and only causes confusion.

If you are going to refer to FREESCO in any way, where you have to type it, PLEASE OH PLEASE at least show the respect to spell it correctly. Spelling it incorrectly shows disrespect and also may lead to missunderstandings when/if the other company comes to our forum here and says "what are you supporting our product for, it is written all over your forums". They may not even be that nice and may get down right dirty mean and nasty. All because people are misspelling FREESCO and it ends up representing some one elses product (just by the seperation/emphasis on the "SCO" part).

SO ..... please respect FREESCO and spell it correctly, so we do not have any problems in the future with other company that has the "Free SCO" product that is out on the web and distributed by other.

As a note, I will keep mentioning this to whom ever I see, that does not fix it after the first time, or misuses/mistypes it WAY too much.

Howler
Howler
Advanced Member

Return to FREESCO Announcements