Fax server

3rd Party Package Requesting

Postby Urza » Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:28 am

<font color='#000000'>Hey,

I'm looking for a fax server for FreeSCO. Something that can recieve but also send faxes. Something like Hylafax or VSI-FAX. But because I want too use it for a company it has too be legal in use  :down: .
There is a package for FreeSCO that can recieve faxes but not send.
Can anyone help me? And with that a nice client too set up and read a fax in windows  :glare: .
Lightning has tried too set up Hylafax and he made a package of it but it hard too configure.

Thanx</font>
Urza

Postby jbmbhs » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:55 am

UP!

Any package for 042?

Even non working, i will try hard to make it work. This can be a good way to give back some of the great work of this great team.
Regards<br>Juan Belmonte<br>______________________________________________________<br>Freesco 0.4.2 running an iP2 350MHz 128Mb RAM booting from 2Gb CF card as /dev/hda<br>WAN => DEC DC21142 - LAN1 & LAN2 => 2x 3Com 3C905B
jbmbhs

Postby Lightning » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:45 pm

I will take a look at the old non-working hylafax package for the 03x series and see what I can do to make a non-working 04x package out of it. Which I originally compiled and created the package for someone to make it work but lacked any enthusiasm to configure and test it to make a working package.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby CDFiXER » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:23 pm

Hmm, Lewis I think your post just described the US Auto Industries management methods...
Catapultam habeo.
Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam.
CDFiXER
Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:32 pm

Hehe, well you have to call them as you see them. But I do have some time at present as I have no OS work in progress. So I may spend a little time tinkering with it to see if I can make it work before releasing the package, but there are no guarantees on that at the moment.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby jbmbhs » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:26 pm

THANKS!!!!

I'll be waiting
Regards<br>Juan Belmonte<br>______________________________________________________<br>Freesco 0.4.2 running an iP2 350MHz 128Mb RAM booting from 2Gb CF card as /dev/hda<br>WAN => DEC DC21142 - LAN1 & LAN2 => 2x 3Com 3C905B
jbmbhs

Postby Lightning » Sun May 03, 2009 6:49 pm

I just created a new hylafax package for the 04x series using Hylafax version 4.4.4. I decided to start from scratch with a newer version and I have made some attempts at making it run to some degree. Or at least to work out some bugs so that it doesn't show errors on my system. I have not done any other testing of the software to know if it actually works or not, but at least it has the potential to run with some tinkering and configuring. This package also requires the Ghostscript package and "bash" so I have created a bash package. Both bash and Hylafax are actually alpha packages so install them at your own risk. To install the packages just use

pkg -cf -/

Which will update the package database on your system to the latest packages. If someone does get this package to run as it is supposed to please let me know what changes were required. But one of the biggest issues is some of the file PATHs to specific files which may still need more adjustments.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to 3rd Party Package Requesting