Sound

3rd Party Package Requesting

Postby Smitro » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:00 am

Hi,

I'd love it if some one could port over the current sound package for 0.3x to be able to be used on 0.27.
Smitro

Postby Lightning » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:04 am

Well I had hoped that the sound package would just be another insentive to move to the 03x series. But for those hardcore 027 user, if anyone wants to undertake the task of re-writing the current 03x sound package. You have my blessing to do so as I have no plans on such an endevour. Of course you could always just put together an 03x FREESCO machine to play with <_<
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby TalkingToes » Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:32 am

Oh gosh!!!

Am I a hard core 027 user? hmmm.. Well, I guess so. :P

(Warning ~29Meg)
snarf <a href='http://peanuts.dnsalias.net/freesco/sound_1.9_talkingtoes.tgz' target='_blank'>http://peanuts.dnsalias.net/freesco/sound_...talkingtoes.tgz</a>

I converted Lightning's 03x package back in December 2003. I have only a .tgz file that needs to be extracted from / and all will go to the right places. Edit rc_sound to use the correct sound card module (as listed within rc_sound). Run rc_masq restart to activate the sound drivers.

/mnt/router/packages/sound/test.sound should play a crash, beep beep.

You can really make the package much smaller if you remove the .../sbin/* files and the .../usr/* files. These, only, are used for the vocal speech options. # them out of rc_sound if you want.

I use this package to listen to an isa Radio Reveal card I control in the router, via DarkIce (which needs the /dev/audio) and Shoutcast.

Enjoy,
TalkingToes in Seattle, WA
5' 16" is easy math, so why do SO many miss it?
TalkingToes

Postby Smitro » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:41 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a try some time this week. :D
Smitro

Postby Smitro » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:45 pm

I know this sounds dumb, but can you send me the switches to use to un tar it in the root directory. I just don't want to stuff it up and spread crap everywhere when I un tar it.
Smitro

Postby TalkingToes » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:43 pm

hey, just noticed this was aimed at me..

If you have Midnight Commander it is really easy too. Highlight the .tgz file, and press enter. This will open it in that side window. You can then F5 (copy) it to / and all files will be extracted properly.

If you don't have MC, I would highly suggest it. excellent tool that greatly simplifies linux. hint hint.

OR
cd /
/mnt/router/packages/utils-1/gzip -d /PATH/TO/FILE.tgz
/mnt/router/packages/utils-1/tar xf /PATH/TO/FILE.tar

Notice this will decompress the TGZ file into a TAR which is likely to be quite large. COPY the original TGZ file to something else and work with that one instead.

OR

(i have never gotten tar xfz /PATH/TO/FILE.TGZ to actually work. but it should, right?)

More suggestions?

TalkingToes

(Put your reply here, but PM me saying I have something waiting for me. I check back often.)
5' 16" is easy math, so why do SO many miss it?
TalkingToes

Return to 3rd Party Package Requesting