DFE-580TX Driver Request

3rd Party Package Requesting

Postby Tarn » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:27 pm

I would like to make a driver request for the Dlink DFE-580TX (4 x 10/100 port network card).
I know it?s kind of uber, but it would be really helpful when using in my mini-itx box.

If it might help the D-link site says this:
"The driver for this adapter is built-in to most Linux distributions. Please visit www.scyld.com/network/sundance.html for more information. The DFE-580TX uses the Alta Sundance driver. "
However that link don?t work....the right link should be <a href='http://www.scyld.com/ethercard_drivers.html' target='_blank'>http://www.scyld.com/ethercard_drivers.html</a>

And the link to the driver (i think) is <a href='ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/sundance.c' target='_blank'>ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/sundance.c</a>

To me it makes no sence...but I bet some of you can help me with that
/Tarn
Everything can be done. It?s just a question of time and money.
Tarn

Postby Lightning » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:58 pm

I answered this question in another thread, but the sundance.gz driver is already included in the moules-03?.zip file in the new network drivers section and it also requires the pci-scan.gz module as well. I also will say that if that modules does not run your network card then you might consider the DFE-570TX four port card which is already known to run in FREESCO.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Tarn » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:01 pm

Ok, I?ll check up on that. The problem is that was the only card my local vendor (local as in e-shop in sweden) had in their catalog. I will try to check up the price if I let them order the one suggested.
Everything can be done. It?s just a question of time and money.
Tarn

Return to 3rd Party Package Requesting