Token Ring PC Card Driver?

3rd Party Package Requesting

Postby eprimetime » Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:04 pm

I am trying to build a token-ring to ethernet router. I have found a driver for the card that I have, a 3Com 3C689, for slackware 3.5. What aree the chances that this driver will work with freesco, and what do I need to do? It is the ibmtr__cs.o found in ftp.tiscali.de/pub/slackware/ slackware-3.5/modules/2.0.34/pcmcia/

If someone can guide me on whether tyhis will work, and if so what I need to do, please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated. I would like to tie my ethernet and Token Ring networks together with my Freesco box, instead of a Win98 machine. Keep everything in one place, ya know?

I have a 3-1/2 inch IDE-to- PC Card adapter that I was planning on placing in the Freesco box, so that I can plug the PC card into it. Alternatively, I may use an old laptop with ethernet and Token Ring cards, and use it strictly as a bridge.

Thanks in advance for any help you may beable to give.
eprimetime

Postby eprimetime » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:08 pm

I should have searched freescosoft first. After doing so, I found the pcmcia_compiled package, which includes the driver that I need. However, it is for 0.2.7. Isanyone possibly willing to make this a 0.3.2 package, or explain to me what might need to be done in order to get it to work? I do not have a spare machine with which to install Zipslack 3.9 on, and I also have never (sucessfully) compiled anything, although I have attempted in the past. Any help is appreciated.

TIA

Eprimetime
eprimetime

Return to 3rd Party Package Requesting