Bandwidth Limiting

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x

Postby slick73048 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:23 am

I have an idea i tried searching for it first but probably didnt search for the right things...

What i want to see if could be done is if i can limit the bandwidth that each system uses on the network..The reason i am wondering about this is because my ISP has decided to start throttling the cable modem for users who supposedly use too much bandwidth in a hours time and they throttle down to 256 kb/sec for an hour...So what im thinking is if a can throttle the systems on the network from using too much of the connectin all the time maybe that will help stop them from doing this to me...I have attached a report
slick73048

Postby Lightning » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:27 pm

The squid package actually has bandwidth control compiled into it. But I have never configured it or tried to set it up. So enabling and configuring it to do it WILL require some extended research on the squid web site. Past that I do not know of anything else that would even be capable of doing what you are asking in FREESCO.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby slick73048 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:36 pm

Alright thanks for the suggestion gonna look into to configuring squid to do what i need...Will post back with the results and what i did.So in the future if anybody needs it..It will be here
slick73048

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.4.x