i can't starting squid on freesco 0.4.1 (
file access.log always have zero size

and when i starting freesco or i finished configuration squid ipfwadm says:
ipfwadm: invalid port/service "Do"

help me pls ((
what i doing wrong?
freax

Postby Lightning » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:59 pm

I am guessing that you have un commented one of the extra firewall rules and made some sort of mistake in the script ??

But regardless of that you should still be able to access squid on port 3128 to get the system working through a browser if it is configured to use that proxy port for HTTP requests.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby freax » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:26 am

i found what error ipfwadm in file /rc/rc_masq (file 'rc_squid' has string 'rc_masq $rest squid-setup')
freax

Postby Lightning » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:49 pm

(file 'rc_squid' has string 'rc_masq $rest squid-setup')

Yes it is supposed to have that string. In the 0.4.x series the $rest is part of the language translation and if you are using English (default) then it would mean "restart" and if you had something like Spanish installed then it would mean "reiniciar" and the second part of that is "squid-setup" and the second arguement sent to rc_masq is just displayed into the logs so that what restarted the firewall is shown.

So that line is not the source of that error. It is making the error show up, but it is not the cause.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby freax » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:43 am

i reinstall the freesco and error with ipfwadm going out...
but all the same i can't to adjust squid - access.log always empty

may be need to make something action for this except standart actions?
freax

Postby freax » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:55 am

eth0 - inet
eth1 - local network (192.168.1.0/24)

may be need to write specific rules into rc_squid, because i uncommenting the string:
Code: Select all
ipfwadm -I -a accept -P tcp -S 192.168.1.0/24 -D 0/0 80 -r 3128

access to any sites in inet was denied and in access.log squid writing about this
but when i accept access to inet writing is disable into access.log
freax

Postby freax » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:17 am

hi all, again...

i installing squid-2.5s12, he working as transparent proxy, but i can't download file or pages sometimes not full download...

what happening?
freax

Postby Lightning » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:53 pm

We need a report.txt to really help much further because sometimes this sort of problem could just be hardware related. The necessary system specs to run squid is quite a bit higher than what the normal router needs and you may be running out of memory or even hard drive space. Secondly hard drive throughput is a big deal when running squid as well as lots of memory. So I always recommend using a updated kernel with the "triton" chipset support and installing the "hdparm" binary to improve hard drive throughput along with the ext2 package so the disk performs better.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby freax » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:16 am

hi, Lightning

i attached report.txt in this message
i updated kernel on 'triton' - not helped (
freax

Postby Lightning » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:10 pm

Looking at your report, squid is not currently running on your system. So I am guessing there is something either not set correctly or there is a problem with your hardware. The first thing that I would do is to run "memtest86" on this system to ensure that all of your memory is in good condition. I would then go back through any settings you have changed and make sure they are correct. Because squid will run out of the box without any configuration changes.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.4.x