Change The Languaje Of My Freesco 0.4.0

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x

Postby Hitio » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:30 pm

Hello:

How can i change the languaje of my Freesco box?
I know what i need to change the autoexec.bat, but i have only remote access to my server Freesco and i can´t find this file.
Tx

PD:sorry, i can find finally the file. It is in /mnt/bootdev/router/router.bat
Freesco Box 0.4.3-14 (Beta), Pentium 1 HP Vectra, 64 Mb RAM, FD, HD 4 Gb (Freesco HD Install Ext2) Eth Realtek 8139 (3), Packages: apache_1.3.27_dingetje, mysql-4.1.7-lightning, mc-4.6.0-lightning, PhpMyadmin, Webmin, etc. - My web site: marcalmo.homeip.net
Hitio
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:43 pm

In theory you would change the router.bat DLANG= variable to another language AND you would copy the language.tgz file to /boot/language/

Each language file would look like english.tgz, dutch.tgz, or swedish.tgz or what ever language it is intended for.

[RANT]
The problem is that NO ONE has completed ANY language conversion file for FREESCO. So at present the ONLY language file for FREESCO is English until someone makes something else. The system is completely ready and COULD accept another language IF there was one.

I spent months creating the capability but no one has enough pride in there own languages to make the conversions for them. Which includes package language conversions.
[/RANT]
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Hitio » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:33 am

Hello Mr. Lewis.

Thank you very much by the time and dedication that puts in Freesco.

You know who although we do not say it, we appreciated the work that does.

It has been always my desire, the one of being able to translate Freesco in spanish languaje.

It is the thing, what Freesco needed to be able to make it popular in my Hispanic community.

I have wanted to suggest to him to often realise this translation.

I see now, that it has delivered, because it has realised and it of the best way: leaving us this possibility, for those who, as you say, we have pride by our native language, who made this work.

You has sure, that when i ends the translation and it is proven suitably, I will send to you, for your inclusion in next versions or updates of Freesco.

Thank you very much again
Freesco Box 0.4.3-14 (Beta), Pentium 1 HP Vectra, 64 Mb RAM, FD, HD 4 Gb (Freesco HD Install Ext2) Eth Realtek 8139 (3), Packages: apache_1.3.27_dingetje, mysql-4.1.7-lightning, mc-4.6.0-lightning, PhpMyadmin, Webmin, etc. - My web site: marcalmo.homeip.net
Hitio
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:41 pm

I look forward to seeing it when you are finished and I will post it on the main site for others to use. Be aware that the language translation file will be just slightly different for 041, but just a couple of minor changes. So it will be easy to convert for 0.4.1 which is going to be released tonight. For a complete translation the english.tgz file along with a couple of other files need to be translated. There is also a few lines of text that I have to put into the boot section of the ramdisk to make it complete, although it is not really required.
Here is a link to the complete text for 041 <a href='http://lewys-spot.dyndns.org/lang/041/' target='_blank'>http://lewys-spot.dyndns.org/lang/041/</a>
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Hitio » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:49 am

This is just a bad translation of Freesco yet, to spanish language.
It's just to help me understand how it works.
Has not worked for me.
I´m sending the file to you for check and tell me if I'm doing something wrong.
The process has been put in the root of the floppy, the syslinux.cfg file and in the folder /language, the spanish.tgz. i´m made the compress folder /etc with PeaZip in two steps: first the spanish.tar, them spanish.tgz.
I´m tried to put accents, but I do not know what code to use for DOS charactres: á, é, ó, ú, ñ, Ñ

I repeat this is not finished. Please do not publish it.

PD: I can´t send an attachment in a private message. Please delete it once downloaded. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Hitio
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:49 pm

I see a LOT of things wrong with the translation scripting due to it being ran through a translator of some kind where capitalization, spacing, and scripting characters have been altered so it will not even try and function. So the initial thing to understand is the these files are shell scripting with the English language included and they need to be converted to the same exact shell scripting with the Spanish language included.

However I do understand the difficulty in doing this process and I will make the scripts you have run in FREESCO and keep the translations as they are to the best of my ability and I do see most of the problems. You will still have to change the spacing format and most likely some of the wording seems like some sentences may be to long for the screen format which may cause problems that will need to be addressed later. I will try and get the adapted translation finished tonight.

Once these files are modified to run in FREESCO I strongly recommend that future changes be made using the editor included with the mc package on FREESCO so that the file/script formatting does not get changed. It also should be pre configured to use 8 bit display characters.

To make things easier you may want to include the Spanish keyboard map into your system as well so that special characters can be typed easier.

Do not under any circumstances think this is any kind of reprimand or disappointment on my part, because I am REALLY really happy just to see a translation started and I am more than happy to help in any way possible. :wub:
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Lightning » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:30 am

The translation files should now work. There are things to remember about these files. You can not change the case of a variable character. So AA= is not the same as aA= or in the case of a lot of these files you can not interchange a ( for a {
You also can not add spaces in between variable characters or replace tabs with spaces.
Which I see that the setup file (spanish.set) is not completely translated and most likely they will all take some tinkering to get things to fit and sound right in your language.
I also noticed that occasionally the translator would rename main variables when ever they matched some simple two letter word. But I am pretty sure that I got those all corrected.

<a href='http://lewys-spot.dyndns.org/test/' target='_blank'>http://lewys-spot.dyndns.org/test/</a>
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Hitio » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:46 am

Thank you very much Mr. Lewis.
You are very gentile.
The truth that the errors that I am seeing, are had due to corrected by the translator.
In this case: Google translator and, by me, because i´m not see these heavy errors.
I use always for these job, Babel Fish from AltaVista (Babel now acquired by Yahoo!). But only like one first aid, since I understand that this translation cannot become this way and is necessary to review, to go, line by line.
This task makes see to me , the great and hard development of Freesco.
I am doing tests from a diskette and I do the translation in flat text with the Notepad++ text editor (a clone of programs like EditPlus++, but opensource).
I do not want to do it with the MC, already only have it in the server with hard disk, and for this thing:
A plus of Notepad++ are: allows me to synchronize the lines of the text in English with the text that I am translating.
At the moment I am using every time I do not have another alternative, the accents and the ñ, which I do not belive what is too difficult to change, them every time they are easy to auto find and replace them.
i´m investigating, how put this characters, with the proper code.
Another is that what you say: it is not the same the spaces that a tabulation.
I see that when auto translating, google has insert spaces between the variables and the text.
Now i,m the text spanish.set.
Soon i will have news for you.
A greeting.
Hitio
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:55 pm

I have these lines that I also need to have translated into Spanish because they have to be placed inside the ramdisk for a full tranlsation. They are not ctitical for use, but they will make the system look better when it boots before it mounts the drive.
ROMOUNT_english="Mounted Read-Only"
MOUNT_english="Mounting boot device"
REMOUNT_english="ReMounting boot device"
CHK_english="Checking"
BMP_english="Boot media or drive problem. Stopping"
DN_english="Done"

I would also like to make the Pack packager create Spanish versions of the basic files as well. These are the phrases and file contents.
CGI1="You must provide a user name to use this script."
CGI2= "$REMOTE_USER is not authorized to use this script."
CGI3=Restart
CGI4=Stop
CGI5=Status

#----> English <----
#
# Add the variables needed to translate your $1 in each language
# section. The default variables are already provided in English.
# The default of English MUST always be present. Other languages are
# Optional, but preferred to have if possible.

RC_STOP="Stopping"
RC_START="Starting"
RUNNING="Running"
NOT_RUNNING="Not running"

edthlp(){      cat <<~
$CD
    Now you can edit the configuration file(s) for$CY test$CD

After you are finished editing the configuration scripts.
    Exit and save with$CG <ALT>+<X>$CD or$CG <F10>$CD and then$CG <y>$CD

Any key to continue.

~
}

WARN="\t***-- This package is officially unapproved at this time --***\n\t***--
APPROVE="\t\t***-- This package is officially approved --***"
OFFICIAL="\t\t***-- This is an official FREESCO package --***"
DONE="Done"

aA(){  cat <<~

You can also use functions like this to print a page full of text
        if you need to and it makes things a LOT easier to translate
        paragraphs so that things fit on the page better.

~

}

Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Hitio » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:13 pm

ROMOUNT_english="Mounted Read-Only"
MOUNT_english="Mounting boot device"
REMOUNT_english="ReMounting boot device"
CHK_english="Checking"
BMP_english="Boot media or drive problem. Stopping"
DN_english="Done"

ROMOUNT_spanish="Montado como Solo-Lectura"
MOUNT_spanish="Montando dispositivo de arranque"
REMOUNT_spanish="ReMontando dispositivo de arranque"
CHK_spanish="Verificando"
BMP_spanish="Problema de disco o disquetera. Deteniendo"
DN_spanish="Hecho"
CGI1="You must provide a user name to use this script."
CGI2= "$REMOTE_USER is not authorized to use this script."
CGI3=Restart
CGI4=Stop
CGI5=Status

#----> English <----
#
# Add the variables needed to translate your $1 in each language
# section. The default variables are already provided in English.
# The default of English MUST always be present. Other languages are
# Optional, but preferred to have if possible.

RC_STOP="Stopping"
RC_START="Starting"
RUNNING="Running"
NOT_RUNNING="Not running"

edthlp(){      cat <<~
$CD
    Now you can edit the configuration file(s) for$CY test$CD

After you are finished editing the configuration scripts.
    Exit and save with$CG <ALT>+<X>$CD or$CG <F10>$CD and then$CG <y>$CD

Any key to continue.

~
}

WARN="\t***-- This package is officially unapproved at this time --***\n\t***--
APPROVE="\t\t***-- This package is officially approved --***"
OFFICIAL="\t\t***-- This is an official FREESCO package --***"
DONE="Done"

aA(){  cat <<~

You can also use functions like this to print a page full of text
        if you need to and it makes things a LOT easier to translate
        paragraphs so that things fit on the page better.

~

}

CGI1="Debe proporcionar un nombre de usuario para utilizar esta rutina."
CGI2= "$REMOTE_USER no está autorizado a utilizar esta rutina."
CGI3=Reinicio
CGI4=Parar
CGI5=Estado

#----> Spanish<----
#
# Añadidas estas variables necesarias para traducir su $1 en cada sección
# de idioma. Las variables por defecto son siempre suministradas en Inglés.
# El Inglés por defecto DEBE estar siempre presente. Otros idiomas son
# Opcionales, pero se prefiere tenerlos si es posible.

RC_STOP="Deteniendo"
RC_START="Iniciando"
RUNNING="Corriendo"
NOT_RUNNING="No corriendo"

edthlp(){ cat <<~
$CD
Ahora puede editar el(los) archivo(s) de configuración para$CY verificar$CD

Después que haya terminado de editar las rutinas de configuración.
Salir y guardar con$CG <ALT>+<X>$CD o$CG <F10>$CD y luego$CG <y>$CD

Presione cualquier tecla para continuar.

~
}

WARN="\t***-- Este paquete está al momento, oficialmente desaprobado --***\n\t***--
APPROVE="\t\t***-- Este paquete está oficialmente aprobado --***"
OFFICIAL="\t\t***-- Este es un paquete oficial FREESCO --***"
DONE="Hecho"

aA(){ cat <<~

Puede también utilizar funciones como esta
para imprimir esta página completa de texto si lo necesita y
que hacen las cosas MUCHO más fáciles al traducir párrafos,
a fin de que quepan mejor en la página.

~

}
Hitio
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:22 pm

Ok, the next version of FREESCO v0.4.2 will have the Spanish boot translation included into the ramdisk and the 7.1 version of the Pack packager will now also include the base translations for Spanish so that all future basic packages will include the Spanish controls.

This line will need to be added into the spanish.cfg file for FREESCO v0.4.2 and it will not bother the system to keep it in the same file for 0.4.1
BG="Installing patches:"
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Hitio » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:26 am

BG="Installing patches:"

BG="Instalando parches:"
Hitio
Junior Advanced Member

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.4.x