Last warning !

If you need some help, this should be the first place to look.

Postby Administrator » Fri Jan 25, 2002 1:24 am

OK,  Last Warning !!<p>If there are any more posts in this section that stray from the SPECIFIC topic (in any way), the FAQ section will become private (non viewable) until I can get it to only allow specific users to make posts.<p>WorldTouch,  I have deleted your post, please read the post I made about making posts in the FAQ section.  Thanks.<p>Later,
"Howler"
Administrator

Postby jsears » Sat Feb 02, 2002 4:52 pm

How do you define the appropriate FAQ posting?  In other words, how do we know if what we post here fits under the FAQ heading, or would better fit as a support issue?
"Contrary to popular belief, Linux is user friendly. It just happens to be <br>very selective about who it decides to make friends with."
jsears

Postby MeneM » Sat Feb 02, 2002 5:09 pm

Well thing's that do not need reply's<p>something everyone can use, something wich is "done" in the sence that is does not need any backup-post's<p>Frequently Asked Question's. Like: how to stop people from using you're mail-server for relaying. Stuff like that.<p>Mark
MeneM

Postby tecknojunky » Sat Feb 02, 2002 10:32 pm

... or how to make users post FAQ or how to learn to users what is a FAQ.
<b>TJ</b><br><br><i><b>freescosoft.ca</b> is <a href='http://www.freesco.org/support-forum/index.php?showtopic=16598' target='_blank'>up for grab</a>.</i>
tecknojunky
Advanced Member

Postby Administrator » Sun Feb 03, 2002 2:43 am

<font color='#000000'>Hello,<p>Another comment.<p>An actual FAQ ( I think ) should be posted by one of the moderators, as they have been chosen by the forum to moderate it. ?The FAQ section is here, more to READ, than to post.<p>What would an FAQ "page" on a software website look like Like a forum thread that is continued and continued on and on, NO, it is a question and an answer, that is about it. ?If it is more involved than that, then it would not be a frequently asked question, but a problem/situation that has not been completely answered, cause there are still major questions about it being asked.<p>That is the way I see it and my 2 cents worth.<p>Later,</font>

<!--EDIT|Howler|1028656114-->
Administrator

Postby rildin » Sun Feb 03, 2002 1:21 pm

<font color='#000000'>I may be off-base, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that in this forum, it would be appropriate for things that happend in another forum, like the support forum, reduced to: ? 1: ?This was the problem; ?2: ?This is what finally fixed it. ? ?It would be nice if this was the first place someone could look for problems, to find their particular problem and the answer to that problem, while in the support forum, it's more like: ?1: ?This is the problem; ?2: ?Try this ? 3: Try this ?4: Didn't work ?5: Try this; ?6: Yes! ?That worked. ? etc etc etc. ? If a header was added "Summarized from XXX Forum", so the thread could be read in full if necesssary.<p>On the other hand, this thread probably needs to go to General Discussion by now. ?? ?Hard work to be a Moderator, I think.<p>(Edited by rildin at 11:24 am on Feb. 3, 2002)</font>

<!--EDIT|Howler|1028656168-->
rildin.
rildin

Postby MeneM » Sun Feb 03, 2002 1:26 pm

Locked topic.<p>discussion is now for moderator's only.<p>Thank's for info.<p>Mark
MeneM

Return to FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions