Admin console missing scrollbars in Firefox 23

If you need some help, this should be the first place to look.

Admin console missing scrollbars in Firefox 23

Postby cassiusdrow » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:39 am

After upgrading from Firefox 22 to Firefox 23, I no longer have scrollbars in the FREESCO admin console. Firefox 22 had them, IE 8 & 10 are working. Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas how to fix it?

I'm running FREESCO v0.4.2.
cassiusdrow

Re: Admin console missing scrollbars in Firefox 23

Postby Lightning » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:55 am

I am running Firefox 23.0.1 and do not have any issues. Nor have I had any issues with previous versions. One thing I am wondering is if you are not logged in as the "admin" user or what ever name you have chosen for the admin user then the left screen is so short it might not have a scroll bar. I also have made no significant changes to the default configuration in Firefox.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby cassiusdrow » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:33 pm

I am logged in as admin, and the left menu panel is long enough to require a scrollbar. It happens on both the right and left panels. I am able to scroll by clicking the panel and using pageup/pagedown or up/down arrows. I am also using Firefox 23.0.1. I thought it might be an add-on misbehaving but it also occurs in Firefox safe-mode. I'll keep digging.
cassiusdrow

Postby Lightning » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:49 pm

It must be something in the way it is configured or as you stated a possible add-on issue. The control panel uses "frames" to create the web interface. So if you are searching for solutions that would be the issue.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby cassiusdrow » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:21 am

Finally fixed it. I had to select View, Page Style, No Style on the Firefox menu and reload. Scrollbars restored.
cassiusdrow

Postby Lightning » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:15 pm

It is really great that you figured it out and that you posted the fix. I am copying this thread to the FAQ section of the forum for others to see easily.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby cassiusdrow » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:18 pm

I did a little more experimentation. A new install of Firefox 27 does not have this issue. I reset another Firefox install but it did not fix the issue.

I also played around with /wwa/style.css. If the padding frame property setting is removed or set to zero, the problem goes away. So either firefox has some sort of bug or there is something wrong with my firefox install. At line 47, change:

Code: Select all
frame {
padding: 10px;
border: 1;
}

to

frame {
padding: 0;
}

or to

frame {
}
cassiusdrow

Postby Lightning » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:47 pm

If you take your modified style.css file and copy it to /boot/cpc/ it will stay after a reboot.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions