Uploading the web pages

Support section for FREESCO v0.3.x 3rd Party Packages

Uploading the web pages

Postby pollo » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:55 pm

Hello

I use HTML editor to write my web pages and what is the simplest way to get them to my /www directory.

Thanks

mo
pollo

Re: Uploading the web pages

Postby CDFiXER » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:00 pm

Does your html editor support FTP?

Id say the easiest would be via FTP. Either use the FTP built into your HTML editor or use any number of FTP clients.

Use with Freesco's built in FTP server.... if you enabled it.
CDFiXER
Advanced Member

Postby pollo » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:00 am

CDFiXER,
How do you use the freesco built server after the server is enabled? Is there a command for this or putty and howto?

Thanks

pollo
pollo

Postby Lightning » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:29 pm

If you are talking about from a Windows client then using something like "winscp" is a good choice so you can login and transfer files using SSH or as stated above any number of FTP clients can be used. In all cases just use the domain name or IP of the router and login as "root" with root's password. Be aware that not all FTP clients will backup up out of the users home directory to get to the /www directory. If that is the case then you can either get a better client or you can create a symlink in the users home directory pointing to where you want to put the files. Something like
Code: Select all
ln -s /www /home/root/www
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GURU !!

Postby pollo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:09 pm

Has anybody has experince with CoffeCup as the HTML editor in it , it has Nicknma Server profile, Username, Password, Web Server Addres and remote directory. When I fill these block for uploading and initiated it, it just says "wait"

Any ideas?

Pollo
pollo

Postby lynx » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:38 pm

Hi,

your problem is related to how your FTP server is set. If your FTP server is not activated, you have to activate it, if I remember right this can be done in the basic configuration menu of freesco (I'm not currently using freesco).

If your FTP server is running, then there is an error in your settings, Since the CoffeCup FTP doesn't give you a clear error message we can't know for sure what is the problem, so you should try to get connected to your FTP server with a standard FTP Client such as Filezilla or LeechFTP (which are free and you can find on the internet). Try the same setting and they tell you what the error is.

If you wich to create a new user account, you can use on your server the command :
Code: Select all
useradd -b /www -d /www -p YourPassordHere YourUsernameHere

the FTP users and the freesco users are the same (or should be)

hope that helps
hey, you, freescoer, tell us what kind of person you are by voting <a href='http://forums.freesco.org/support/index.php?act=ST&f=6&t=11750' target='_blank'>here</a><br><br><span style='color:blue'><i>science is beauty and beauty is science</i></span><br><span style='color:green'>VIVE la Taupe et les TAUpIN</span><br><a href='http://www.sirmons.name' target='_blank'>www.sirmons.name</a>
lynx

Postby dingetje » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:14 am

Another approach to get files to /www is to install SAMBA on FREESCO and create a share for the /www directory.
Of course this only works if you edit your pages inside the LAN...
GreetZ
http://dingetje.homeip.net

"Software is like sex: it's better when it's free." - LINUS TORVALDS
dingetje
FREESCO Crazed !!

Postby pollo » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:53 pm

dingetj

Sometimes I write the scripts ouside the LAN and would like to upload the files to /bot/www. I have tried an editor which supports uploading and when I initiate the transfer the editor displays the following;

Upload file the server

File D:\web pages\index3.htm

Server class.homeip.net

Connecting to 192.168.0.1

Total transfer progres: (379 bytes to transfer)

Nothing happens although class.homeip.net is my registered domain and 192.168.0.1 is my freesco ip address.

Any ideas?
pollo

Postby dingetje » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:11 pm

Yes, 192.168.0.1 is your private IP and that won't route over the internet. You'll be needing the external IP address of your FREESCO box.
If that is in fact 192.168.0.1 then you're most likely behind another router.
GreetZ
http://dingetje.homeip.net

"Software is like sex: it's better when it's free." - LINUS TORVALDS
dingetje
FREESCO Crazed !!

Return to 3rd Party Package Support for FREESCO v0.3.x