Pxelinux

Support section for FREESCO v0.3.x 3rd Party Packages

Postby strampke » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:43 am

Hi,

I try to set up pxelinux, but the connection is refused.
Contacting and getting an IP address works properly.
Then the screen announces TFPT and after a second or so it announces
PXE-... access violation

dhcp.cfg looks like this

Code: Select all
host HvdW {
fixed-address 10.0.0.32;
hardware ethernet 00:01:6c:e5:5b:64;
option root-path "10.0.0.30:/tftpboot/";
filename "/pxelinux.0";
allow bootp;
}

It seems the slash after tftpboot is of no importance
Omitting the slash before pxelinux.0 produces a dhcp configuration warning when starting up Freesco
Who knows knows, who doesn't doesn't.
strampke
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:48 pm

The directory locations of the pxelinux.0 file should be an absolute PATH. Which I am not sure of on your system. But it is probably something like "/usr/local/.....pxelinux.0"
After that from your DHCP configuration it looks like you are using a remote tftp server to download the files from, is that correct and is the file PATH accurate from the standpoint of the inetd.conf file for the tftp server. Because the system uses the root of the inetd.conf file configuration for the root of the tftp server directory structure.
If you are not using a separate tftp server then just remove the line listing "option root-path"

FYI the 04x series package is a much more finished package that works out of the box with just adding the DHCP entries for the client from an example entry.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby jbmbhs » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:31 pm

It's possible to enable unknown machines to be bootable?

Something as a global set for 'allow bootp' and 'filename /usr/.../.../pxelinux.0'

So i can netboot a machine without set it's mac in static dhcp table...
Regards<br>Juan Belmonte<br>______________________________________________________<br>Freesco 0.4.2 running an iP2 350MHz 128Mb RAM booting from 2Gb CF card as /dev/hda<br>WAN => DEC DC21142 - LAN1 & LAN2 => 2x 3Com 3C905B
jbmbhs

Postby strampke » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:19 pm

Lewis it's running on an 0.3.8 Freesco router.
Tried all kinds of paths.
Nothing helps
All file permissions at the max.
Any idea?
Who knows knows, who doesn't doesn't.
strampke
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:58 pm

This should be your configuration.
host HvdW {
fixed-address 10.0.0.32;
hardware ethernet 00:01:6c:e5:5b:64;
filename "/usr/local/pxelinux/pxelinux.0";
allow bootp;
}

Then looking at the package it is actually missing some files that can be included to make the system work easier. But it should run if you now edit the /etc/inetd.conf file also. Because looking at the package it is misconfigured inside the package. The last line in it should have the full PATH to all files and the last thing should be the directory PATH to the tftp working directory. Which the 03x package is poorly designed and it moves things around a lot. So it is a bit difficult for me to really say exactly without just installing it and I no longer have any 03x machines. So I could be REALLY off on what looks like the correct directory PATHs because it looks like one of the scripts links some things into the root directory as /tftpboot/ . So it could be that everything should be shown as "/tftpboot/filename"

The state of this package is why I started almost from scratch making the 04x version.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Lightning » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:02 pm

It's possible to enable unknown machines to be bootable?

It is possible to add these two lines
filename "/usr/local/pxelinux/pxelinux.0";
allow bootp;
to the rc_dhcpd script in the global declaration section so that the settings are not machine specific and standard dynamic DHCP IP addresses are used. Although as stated above the file PATH may not be correct in my example for where the pxelinux.0 file is located. If you need for me to be exactly specific as to exactly where in the file you will have to give me the exact version of FREESCO you are using.

Once the /rc/rc_dhcpd script has been changed just copy it to the /pkg/rc/ directory so it will survive a reboot with the changes.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Re: Pxelinux

Postby Breazel » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:18 am

I'm install package PXELinux (http://lewys-spot.dyndns.org/packages/0 ... ux_1.0_tom)
to implement network boot froom FREESCO. And everythings runs Ok. But whenever router reboots, network boot fails with message "PXE-T01: file not found" and "PXE-E3B: TFTP error - file Not found".

Windows cmd client
tftp -i 10.10.10.1 GET /tftpboot/pxelinux.0
fails with same shit: "error on server: file not found"

But File exist. If I try to reinstall PXELinux package, it report, that inetd.conf contain error: incorrect record about tftp. And add new record to the end of file. After reinstall everything works fine until next router reboot.

But record identical! :
tftp   dgram   udp   wait   root   /usr/sbin/tcpd   /usr/bin/tftpd   /tftpboot/

What's happens, how to fix it?
Last edited by Breazel on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Breazel

Postby dingetje » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:50 am

The pxe package will create a symlink /tftpboot to directory /boot/tftpboot, this is done is /pkg/sbin/pxe-setup (a shell script).

if [ ! -d /tftpboot ]; then
    mkdir /boot/tftpboot
    ln -sf /boot/tftpboot /tftpboot
fi

Is /tftboot present after a reboot or not?

[edit]
disregard, I missed your "But File exist."
So can you check your /etc/inetd.conf after a reboot?
[/edit]
GreetZ
http://dingetje.homeip.net

"Software is like sex: it's better when it's free." - LINUS TORVALDS
dingetje
FREESCO GURU !!

Postby Breazel » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:54 pm

Yes, /tftpboot present and before, and after reboot, if present pxelinux pkg.

The inetd.conf before and after reboot consist of one same string:
tftp   dgram   udp   wait   root   /usr/sbin/tcpd   /usr/bin/tftpd   /tftpboot/

But when uninstall pxe, it say that something wrong with it inetd.conf.

After install pxe and before reboot I can boot network stations from FREESCO with dhcp and tftp help.
Also I can get /tftpboot/pxelinux.0 manualy by windows cmd tftp utility. After FREESCO reboot - can not, only this errors messages.

FREESCO is 0.3.6 version. I have not idea.
Breazel

Postby Lightning » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:52 pm

Try changing your inetd configuration to this
    tftp   dgram   udp   wait   root   /usr/sbin/tcpd   /usr/bin/tftpd   /boot/tftpboot

From memory there was a link that is not generated unless you run the setup and this solution should resolve that problem. Also in the DHCP configuration also direct everything to the /boot/ directory. So it will show as /boot/tftpboot/pxe...... for the files and such.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to 3rd Party Package Support for FREESCO v0.3.x