Installation Package. Tar And Other

Support section for FREESCO v0.3.x 3rd Party Packages

Postby sybor » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:45 am

Hello friends FreeScan, I am writing to ask for guidance on installing packages, tar, and others.
I am experimenting with FreeScan having known and grab some time, but now I realize the great value that has, especially in networks, I have installed a version 0.27 and 0.38, but I wonder whether the package installation has to carried out strictly connected to the Internet, or if I install utilities or packages, without having to be connected to the Internet.
The other is that if it shall packages, which do not belong in FreeScan? I think some of you have already experimented with this.
I await your prompt response thanks.
sybor

Postby Lightning » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:41 pm

FREESCO can install packages locally the same as it can from the Internet or even from a local HTTP/FTP server. but it requires a hard drive install to do it as a local package. I would STRONGLY recommend NOT using 0.2.7 as there were some vulnerabilities found in the kernel that are repaired in 032+ systems along with a LOT of other required updates. To see the package install flags in 0.3.8 just use the command

pkg

As for installing non-FREESCO tarballs. That is also possible but it requires some extended knowledge and or specific help which we can only provide with a LOT more details on the specific files.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby sybor » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:11 am

thank you very much.
sybor

Return to 3rd Party Package Support for FREESCO v0.3.x