Svgardesktop

Support section for FREESCO v0.3.x 3rd Party Packages

Postby Lightning » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:55 pm

I installed the svgardesktop and the program seems to run just fine. Although I am still figuring out exactly what the video chipset can do. But it runs fine in VESA mode for now at least in 640x480 and I was VERY successful in completely crashing my machine playing with the Trident support, but that is another story.

The problem that I have with the machine that I installed this on is the mouse support and I am wondering if anyone has seen it work and this problem is my machine or possibly some other problem ?

Of course I have never had a mouse on this machine either ;)

EDIT:
I figured out that I had forgot to load the psaux.o module to support a PS2 mouse, oooops
It is all working just dandy right now and this reply is through a svgardesktop screen from FREESCO.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby dingetje » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:31 am

Thanks for testing, I'm very glad to hear its working for you too.
BTW I too had to reboot my box because it wouldn't switch back to the text mode consoles. I didn't try the mouse yet and used Alt-TAB, TAB and Alt-ESC and such to navigate through the remote desktop.

One note about the /etc/vga/libvga.config file, this is a file that is also used by the bootlogo package, so I guess I should add a check for an existing file and make a backup first in the package installer as it is now overwritten without notification. But then again, its a BETA package...
GreetZ
http://dingetje.hopto.org

"Software is like sex: it's better when it's free." - LINUS TORVALDS
dingetje
FREESCO GURU !!

Postby ValeS » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:19 am

I have install and test svgardesktop.
It working but without mouse.

Code: Select all
svgalib: Failed to initialize mouse.

Mouse isn't accessible in MC too, it isn't visible in FREESCO, but in DOS it's ok!

Where can I get psaux.o? In MODULES-038 it is absent.

Thanks.
ValeS

Postby Lightning » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:03 pm

Well I needed it so I compiled it, which seemed to work fine for me. However I can see the problem with others.

<a href='http://lewys-spot.dyndns.org/packages/0.3.x/non-package/psaux.gz' target='_blank'>PS2 mouse driver</a>
Just put it in the "drv" directory and reboot the system. As I stated earlier I also put a link in the /dev/ directory as

ln -s /dev/psaux /dev/mouse

But I am certain you can point the configuration at the psaux device and avoid the need to do that.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to 3rd Party Package Support for FREESCO v0.3.x