Phbc50's Nfsd Beta Pkg

Support section for FREESCO v0.3.x 3rd Party Packages

Postby jamtat » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:29 pm

I've finally loaded phcb50's nfsd beta package ( nfsd_2.2beta47_phbc50) for sharing files on my LAN. I can report that it works, but it seems there may be some kinks. First, I think there may be something amiss in the rc_nfs script. When I issue rc_nfs restart, it shuts down all the services properly but does not restart them all. I have to run rc_nfs restart again to get all the services to start again.

I must admit I'm having a bit of difficulty understanding what, of the problems I'm seeing, is caused by my own ignorance regarding nfs and how it works and what might be a bug or other program issue. I can mount my Freesco directory just fine after having gone through several experimental editings of the exports, hosts.allow and hosts.deny files. But I don't think I've set things up as securely as they need to be. That still needs some work. I looked over documentation online last night for a couple of hours but am still not quite "getting it." Could you provide any tips for configuring my system phbc50, so that I can better identify any package problems for you?

Thanks,
James
jamtat

Postby PHBC50 » Fri May 04, 2007 4:47 pm

hello,
Sorry for the late reply.
I did not have such problem when using nfs and Ubuntu, however it can be that you tried to stop the daemon when a share was still in use and then the program could not be stopped.

I used several howtos when configuring nfs to work on freesco, like
<a href='http://nfs.sourceforge.net/nfs-howto/' target='_blank'>http://nfs.sourceforge.net/nfs-howto/</a>

HTH,
regards,
PHBC50
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. (Arthur C Clarke)
PHBC50
Junior Advanced Member

Postby victor32 » Sat May 19, 2007 5:35 pm

Try to add a 'sleep 1' statement at the end of the stop section in rc_nfsd. It is likely that the killall has not finished when the script tries to start the daemons again.

/
victor32

Return to 3rd Party Package Support for FREESCO v0.3.x