printer setup on linux client

Support section for FREESCO v0.3.x

printer setup on linux client

Postby koni » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:04 pm

I try to setup a printer on linux client (fedora) by choosing LPD and adding my freesco ip address and using feed0 as my queue. Unfortinatly it does not work for me. Any ideas?

Kon
koni

Re: printer setup on linux client

Postby Lightning » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:02 pm

Most likely you really want to use "raw0" as the queue. But without a report.txt there is no way for us to know what you might have configured as the printer queue.
So if you continue having problems provide a report.txt and we can help further.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby koni » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:15 pm

Lightning,
Thanks, it works with queue raw0.

kon
koni

Postby Lightning » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:36 pm

Just be sure that you understand that "raw0" and "feed0" are just default queue settings and in reality they can be changed or configured to be any word you want in the setup. That was why I was just sort of guessing and needed a report.txt to know for certain. Also the feed0 queue is meant for large networks so there is a blank page printed between each print job. So if the feed0 queue didn't work then you still have something configured wrong because the only difference should be a blank separator page and most likely it is wrong because you may have renamed that queue to something else. On my own machines I rename the raw queues to the printer names like "hp" or "lexmark"
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.3.x