squid 2.5 statble 12

Announcements of packages that are now released.

Postby Lightning » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:06 pm

I have recompiled a newer version of squid with more features enabled. The new features include multiple different authentication modules "basic digest and ntlm" as well as delay pools for bandwidth control. SSL support is also built into the server.
The standard configuration is setup to run as a caching proxy on port 3128 and there is a firewall redirect rules included if anyone wants to change it to a transparent proxy for the subnet or just for specific users. There are a LOT more functions that can be changed for spefic needs but the standard configuration is configured to run without any changes.
This package can be installed with
Code: Select all
pkg -i http://lewys-spot.dyndns.org/packages/0.3.x/squid-2.5.s12-lightning
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:27 am

Sir, does stable 12, enable to control the bandwith in downloading? Because as of now my problem is controlling the bandwith because our client has no limit in downloading files. They can download as big bytes as they can. Rshaper is not applicable in our network because we use a built-in LANcard. As I know rshaper has dedicated Lancard to run perfectly. Please help me.

Postby Lightning » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:38 am

Yes, this version has "delay_pools" included and it can be configured for specific users as well as groups of users with several different speeds.
As stated in the annoucement actually doing it is something that is not configured by default and will require some research and configuration.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to 3rd Party Package Release Announcements