mouse

Remember this is a 1.44Mb floppy disk router, space is limited.

Postby super user » Mon May 15, 2006 9:51 am

Is it possible to turn on a console mouse service in Freesco? It wold be more convenient to control Midnight Commander and Links with a mouse.
Framebuffer graphic mode would also be a cool feature, but I doubt it will fit on a floppy.
super user

Postby dingetje » Mon May 15, 2006 4:46 pm

I doubt very much if a mouse driver will ever be added to the stock FREESCO floppy. It sounds to me this would be a good candidate for an add-on package, maybe part of the next release of Midnight Commander?
GreetZ
http://dingetje.homeip.net

"Software is like sex: it's better when it's free." - LINUS TORVALDS
dingetje
FREESCO GURU !!

Postby Lightning » Mon May 15, 2006 10:20 pm

maybe part of the next release of Midnight Commander?

It is not terribly difficult to get mouse support running and from memory there was a package around for doing it, but it could have been an 027 package.
Regardless if I do get around to remaking the mc package I will definately consider adding it in. I also use mc probably almost more than anyone else does on the forum and I have enabled mouse support in the past only to disable it almost usually within minutes as the keyboard is much simpler and more dependable for running mc as a super user.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby super user » Tue May 16, 2006 4:31 am

If mouse support is added into the Midnight Commander package, will the console mouse services start automatically when Freesco boots, or they will work only in Midnight Commander? I want to use mouse not only in Midnigth Commander, but also in the Links browser.
When using other Linux distros, I control Midnight Commander with both mouse and keyboard, and find this convenietn.
super user

Return to FREESCO wish list