Forum Registration Changes

New versions, modules, add-ons, etc., will be posted here.

Postby Howler » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:22 pm

Hello all,

This is more for the new users of these forums (that plan on registering) and does not affect any current users.

Due to recent actions by an un-named user, the registration method has changed a little bit.

The changes are .....
1) Now a code needs to be entered that will be displayed at the time of registration.
2) Now registration verification is used, using the email address used to register with, so make sure it works before you sign up.

3) As of this point, ALL "private/LAN" allocated IPs are now BANNED. Meaning 10.*.*.* , 172.16.*.* and 192.168.*.* are not allowed. If you can not be seen by your "REAL INTERNET IP" you will not be allowed to use the forums.

I have not changed anything with the "guest account", it can still be used as it has been, but may change if abuse is seen while being identified as the "guest account".

I am sorry for the inconienence that this may cause to some people, but it seems to be a necessity at this point, to keep the forum from being abused and over-run with "forum spammers".

Thanks for using the forum and hope to see you around the forums here,
Howler
The first, the original and still the main FREESCOsoft site http://www.freescosoft.com/
The best place for FREESCO packages and related files.
Created and maintained by me (Howler), and mirrored by many (well, ok mirrored by some).
Howler
Advanced Member

Return to FREESCO Announcements